Methods for preview mailbox OST file recovery
In this post, we’ll show you methods preview mailbox OST file recovery in two different scenarios.
Ways for Preview Mailbox OST File Recovery
Exchange clients periodically experience issues such as data loss, corrupt mailboxes, synchronization issues, and so on that necessitate manual mailbox recovery using Outlook. When preview mailbox OST file recovery, it creates a local replica of its mailboxes in the Offline Storage Table, or OST. The phrase was coined because it allows users to access and alter email contents when they are offline. An OST file contains data that is current as of the last time Outlook synchronized with the Exchange Server.
As a result, you can use the Outlook application to access a mailbox from an OST file. Fortunately, OST files are useful for manual mailbox recovery since they hold offline replicas of Exchange folders, making it straightforward for users to get the essential Exchange data from them.
Situation 1: If the Microsoft Exchange profile was not modified from the start
In this case, you can preview mailbox OST file recovery to open the Microsoft Exchange client offline. You can retrieve the data in this manner by moving the emails from the OST to a PST file.
The steps to recovery are as follows:
- Start the Outlook (Exchange Email) application in offline mode.
- Choose Import/Export from the File menu, then Open & Export.
- The import and export process will begin; choose Export to a file > Outlook data file (.pst).
- Select the OST folders that contain the required Exchange data, then click the Next button.
- After choose where to save the recovered data, click the “Finish” button.
The exported messages are preserved in the newly created PST. You can import and copy the PST messages back into the server-based mailbox.
Situation 2: If the initial Microsoft Exchange profile was lost, updated, or deleted
If the Exchange Server mailbox is unintentionally deleted or the Exchange profile is changed, the Outlook OST file will become orphaned. Because information cannot be recovered from this orphaned OST file by synchronizing, it is worthless. The only realistic approach is to restore synchronization between Outlook OST and Microsoft Exchange Server using the unique MAPI address.
- Connect Outlook to the original MAPI file.
- Connect the original Microsoft Exchange Server to the MAPI address.
- It is quite unlikely that you will have the original MAPI address
- If you are working with corrupted Exchange or old OST files.
- A broken or corrupted OST file is also worthless.
Situation 3: If the preview mailbox OST file recovery
If your Exchange mailbox was accidently destroyed and you haven’t saved a recent backup? In this case, BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool is recommended preview mailbox OST file recovery.
Perform each of the following steps, one by one, as soon as possible to retrieve the mailbox:
- Launch the OST Recovery Software and click Browse to select an OST file that needs to be recovered.
- You have the option to recover one or more corrupted or damaged OST files from your local computer.
- An extensive preview of the data in the OST files is displayed by the OST recovery software.
- Right-click on the specific email and save individual things in the format of your choice (see below).
- Select the PST file as the output in order to store all of the recovered data. Depending on your requirements, you can choose any desired output type from the saving options.
- Lastly, select a location on your local PC to save the PST file containing the recovered OST mailbox data.
Recovering a mailbox from BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool file could be a manageable effort if the problem is straightforward. However, if you’re working with a more complex system or are unable to access OST on an MS Outlook or Exchange server, preview mailbox OST file recovery may make more sense. The solution makes it easy to restore OST files to a live Exchange server, a new PST file, or an existing PST file when needed.
Read some more Blogs: