[Solved Error] – Outlook OST File Error in Windows 10
This article describes the cause of the Outlook OST file error in windows 10 and offers a workaround. We’ve covered the several ways to resolve this issue. Here, we also recommend a trustworthy OST Recovery Tool that will assist customers in retrieving mailbox contents from corrupted or unreadable OST files.
To Learn more Read this Blog…
When you connect Outlook to the Exchange server, an Outlook OST file error in windows 10 is created, which is an offline Outlook data file used to store copies of mailbox items. Users can compose, delete, and write using an Ost file while offline. These functions will be updated as soon as a reliable internet connection is established.
However, occasionally, users encounter problems opening these OST files, and Outlook displays the error message “Outlook OST file error in Windows 10” to them. This problem can have several causes, such as outdated Microsoft Outlook, incompatible add-ins, corrupted or damaged Outlook data files, etc. Now, let’s look at some simple ways to address the Outlook OST File Cannot be Opened problem.
Ways to Fix the error – Outlook OST File Cannot be Opened Windows 10
The best manual techniques to resolve the Outlook OST file error in windows 10 Cannot be Opened error are listed here. To restore access to your OST files, you can attempt the native solution; however, if your OST file is corrupted or damaged, you will need to employ an advanced professional tool, such as BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool.
Method 1: Shut Down Every Outlook Process
Close all open tasks if you are using Microsoft Outlook on a different machine or if you are working on more than one task at once.
- To access the Taskbar menu, perform a right-click on it.
- Choose the Task Manager.
- Select the tab for processes.
- You can see that Microsoft Outlook is now in operation here.
- When you’re done, pick it and press the End Task button.
Method 2: Attempt to Fix Outlook and Install Updates
An Outlook OST file error in windows 10 error may arise if your Outlook program is malfunctioning. Therefore, using the Office Repair option to fix Outlook might be beneficial.
How to Fix Microsoft Outlook
Select Applications and Features from the list by performing a right-click on the Windows icon. Click Modify after choosing Microsoft Office from this menu.
Select the option.
- Select either the Online or Quick Repair option.
- Click the Repair button after that.
- Restart the computer once the procedure has been completed.
- At last, the Outlook application is operational.
- Make sure your Outlook application is updated in order to resolve this issue; if not,
Method 3: Disable the Mode of Cached Exchange.
- First, end the Outlook application that is now open.
- Locate and launch the Control Panel.
- After clicking Mail, choose Email Accounts.
- Verify the email address that appears next to the username.ost error.
- Click the Change here.
- Disabling the Use Cached Exchange Mode option is necessary.
- In order to finish the process, click Next>> Finish.
Method 4: In Outlook, disable or remove an add-in
The ability to build an add-in for Outlook will enable you to tailor the program to your needs. Nevertheless, malicious actors have the ability to damage your system using add-ins and are occasionally to blame for various Outlook issues, such as Outlook OST file error in windows 10.
Install new Outlook updates by following these steps:
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Navigate to the Product Information section of the Office Account section.
- The Install Updates>>Upgrade Now Option must be clicked.
Method 5: Resolve Problem Using a Fresh Outlook Profile
The Outlook OST file cannot be opened due to a corrupted or inaccessible Outlook profile. To solve the problem, you must so erase your current profile and make a new one.
- Open Outlook and select File.
- Click Account Settings, then Profile Management.
- Click Add after selecting the Show Profiles option.
- Click OK after giving the profile a name in the Profile Name tab.
Method 6: Fix Outlook OST File Cannot be Opened Error by Repairing the OST File
Your Outlook OST file can be corrupted or damaged, which is another reason why it won’t open. Therefore, you can fix the offline Outlook data file using the ScanPST.exe utility.
- Fix the Outlook OST file error in windows 10.
- Utilizing the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Launch your system’s Scanpst.exe program.
- Navigate to choose the OST file.
- After that, click Start to begin scanning for file corruption.
- Click the Repair button if the software finds any problems.
- Your OST file can be used again in a few minutes.
Method 7: An Outlook OST file repair tool that is automated
You can depend on the BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool if none of the other techniques work. It is the greatest program for restoring mailbox contents, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and other data from corrupted or damaged OST files. It also has the ability to export faulty or unreadable OST data to MSG, DBX, EML, MBOX, Outlook PST files, and other formats.
This article explains the many approaches to fixing the Outlook OST file error in windows 10 and previous versions. But if the problem with the OST file is caused by damage or corruption, we recommend using this top OST recovery program, which was designed to resolve any OST file-related problems.
Read some more Blogs: