Simple 2 Ways to Convert MBOX to PST Outlook Manually
In the following blog, we will go over the steps that need to be taken in order to convert MBOX to PST files into PST format.
MBOX is a versatile file format used to store email messages by a variety of email applications, including Apple Mail, Entourage, Mozilla Thunderbird, Eudora, and others. However, for a variety of crucial reasons, users must convert MBOX to PST file format. This article provides step-by-step directions for exporting MBOX to PST files using appropriate methods.
Microsoft Outlook is one of the most popular email programs, with an increasing number of users worldwide. The key reasons for its appeal are its excellent services and superior features. When compared to other email applications, Outlook offers a plethora of functionality. Considering the following possibilities, email users have decided to export their data to Outlook PST.
Why do Users Required to Export MBOX to PST?
Every user may have their own reasons for wanting to convert MBOX to PST files, however there are some common ones. Users are converting file formats due to the disadvantages of the MBOX file format and the benefits of the Outlook PST file format. A few possible explanations are given below:
- MS Outlook provides more features and is less expensive than email programs that support the MBOX file format.
- To accomplish activities with MBOX files, an internet connection is required, but not with Outlook PST.
- Organizations do not prefer email applications that employ the MBOX file format since they are not very advanced.
- File locking in MBOX, which prevents users from opening files, is a common problem.
- Outlook, as a Microsoft product, has superior security features to competitors.
Methods Proposed to Export MBOX files to “.PST”
Exporting one email client mailbox to another is a regular occurrence, as is the case with MBOX to PST conversion.
There are typically two methods to convert MBOX to PST files:
The manual technique for converting MBOX to PST is a technically advanced method for exporting MBOX files to the PST file format.
Conversion of MBOX files automated
A Straightforward Method for Exporting MBOX Emails to Outlook
- Convert MBOX emails as EML files
- Simply place the EML files onto the Outlook icon.
- Export emails to PST files.
Save MBOX emails as EML files
It’s simple to save MBOX messages as EML files! Below are the methods for using Thunderbird:
- Open the MBOX email client first. Select ‘New Folder’ with a right-click on a folder.
- Click ‘Create Folder’ after providing a name.
- Then, select the EML messages you wish to migrate and transfer them to the newly created folder.
- After moving all of the emails, select them all and select “Save as.” This will save them to any location you specify in EML format!
Save Emails in a Separate Folder
With the aid of an extension, you can effortlessly export multiple emails from various folders to an external folder!
- Click ‘Install’ on the Software Installation Wizard.
- Restart Thunderbird once the extension has been applied.
- Relaunch Thunderbird and then right-click a folder.
- Choose ImportExportTools NG >> Export all folder messages >> EML format from the menu.
- Choose a destination folder and save the EML file there.
Simply place the EML files onto the Outlook icon
It is simple to use Microsoft Outlook to access your EML emails. Simply follow the instructions below:
- Open the folder where your EML communications are stored.
- Simply select all of the emails, then drag and drop them into any folder in Outlook.
Export emails to PST files
- Simply navigate to Outlook’s File > Open & Export > Import/Export menu.
- Choose Export to a file in the Import/Export wizard and select Next.
- Then click Next after selecting Outlook Data File (.pst).
- Click Next after navigating to the folder where the EML files are stored.
- Now, specify the location for the newly created PST file and choose the desired option, then click Finish to complete the process.
- At the selected location, a new PST file will be created.
Note: If desired, you can designate a password to the newly created PST file.
Using Email Clients, Switch or Change MBOX in Outlook PST
1st Step: Import mailbox data to your Apple mail
- Utilize Apple mail on your computer.
- Navigate to File >> Import mailbox.
- Now select the MBOX file’s source and click continue.
- Choose MBOX file from the Browse Location menu, then select Continue.
- Click done once the import procedure is complete.
2nd Step: Create mailbox using Eudora
- Add the MBOX file extension to any imported file. For instance, JOHNMBOX must be modified to JOHNMBOX.mbx.
- Transfer this to the Eudora folder. The default file location is “C>Documents and Settings User>Application>Data>Qualcomm>Eudora.”
- Then, launch Eudora, double-click JOHNMBOX.mbx, and exit the program.
3rd Step: Import the mailbox with Outlook Express:
- Initiate Outlook Express.
- Select File >> Import >> Messages.
- Select Eudora from the list of email clients, then click Next.
- Now, navigate to the ‘.mbox’ file’s location and click OK. Finally, select the Next button Next >>Finish Imported data in Outlook Express can be utilized in Local Folders.
Import Mailboxes from Outlook express to Microsoft Outlook
To generate a PST file, please verify that MS Outlook is installed correctly.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook to export files.
- Now, navigate to File>>import and export.
- Select “another file and folder” to import before selecting “next.”
- Click Next after selecting Import Internet Mail and Addresses.
- Select “Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, or 6.x, or Window Mail” Click following
- Select the import and export file from the browser and select next.
- Select to conclude once the process has concluded.
The user can locate the imported mailbox within Outlook.
To export MBOX to PST file format, users can choose between manual and automated methods. However, before we reach a conclusion, let’s examine the disadvantages of manual methods that users commonly encounter.
Disadvantages of Manual Techniques
The disadvantages of the manual procedures to convert MBOX to PST are outlined below:
- Manual processes are time-intensive.
- It is possible to alter data while conducting this task.
- Requires technical expertise and specific understanding.
- Does not support multiple MBOX to PST file conversions.
To avoid such circumstances, one can opt for a third-party solution that is user-friendly, efficient, and quick when exporting MBOX files to PST.
Using MBOX to PST Converter, convert MBOX to PST file:
- Install the software onto the user’s machine.
- Start the application and navigate to the add icon on the ribbon bar.
- The user must select the “Add folder” section and click the “Browse” icon in the resulting dialog box. The user must then choose the MBOX file’s Folder.
- After selecting the desired folder, click the “Add folder” icon to continue.
- After adding MBOX files, choose “Export to Outlook PST” from the ribbon.
- The user must check or deselect the MBOX files along with the option to export in PST based on specified criteria, such as target selection and filter criteria.
- Complete the form according to your preferences.
- After the requirements have been met, Click the “export” button and then wait for the procedure to finish.
- The user can save the report and terminate the process once the process has concluded.
What capabilities does SoftwareImperial Converter provide?
Due to the disadvantages of the manual procedure, users do not prefer to use it and instead seek out professional software. SoftwareImperial MBOX Converter provides a number of user-centric features in order to complete the task with the utmost precision. Among the highlighted characteristics are:
- SoftwareImperial MBOX converter tool supports the conversion of MBOX to PST, EML, and MSG file types.
- It supports 25 email clients that create MBOX files, such as Thunderbird, Entourage, SeaMonkey, and Mulberry.
- SoftwareImperial MBOX Converter can also export MBOX files to Office 365 and Live Exchange Server.
- Users can upload multiple files of any size at once; adding multiple MBOX files is unrestricted.
- For resultant PST files, it offers options such as Password setting, PST file type (Unicode and ANSI), and the option to set PST file size in order to divide PST files and eliminate oversized PST files.
- Imperial MBOX Converter is compatible with all versions of the Windows operating system.
- The beta version of the software, which permits the conversion of the first fifty items per folder, can be downloaded for a free trial.
Easy Methods to Convert MOBX Emails to PST Format
- 1: Install and initiate the SoftwareImperial MBOX converter tool.
- 2: Browse for MBOX files or folders and add them.
- 3: Choose “Export in Outlook PST” as the type of export.
- 4. Navigate to and select the target folder.
- 5:Click the Export button to initiate the procedure.
Choosing the best method to convert MBOX to PST is crucial, as failure to do so will result in improper data migration and modification. Therefore, we recommend SoftwareImperial’s MBOX to PST converter if the user is searching for a trustworthy solution to convert MBOX to PST. Visit the homepage at https://www.softwareimperial.com/mbox-converter.html
Also read relevant information: