How to Import OST File into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010
The steps to how to import OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010 are explained in this blog. While most Outlook users are aware of the acronyms OST and PST, there are a few things you should know about OST as it is unquestionably the most widely used email client available today.
Outlook created an OST file; what is it and why is it there?
As per Microsoft’s official statement. If you would like to transfer your offline email data to a new Outlook on a different computer, you can either use a professional OST to PST Converter tool to import OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010 or To build a new OST, set up Outlook and establish a connection with the server.
As you may all know, OST stands for offline storage table, which is an acronym for the offline copy of the server mailbox that Outlook creates when it is set up with Exchange Server and saves on your local drive. We can view our Outlook notes, calendars, emails, and other data—including draft and send messages—even while we’re not connected.
This is made possible by the Outlook OST file. All Outlook users, but especially corporate users, should have access to OST files, in my opinion.
Why Import OST File into Outlook is necessary?
I apologize in advance for the length of this section. Importing an OST file into Outlook is required in a few different situations.
Let me first explain what I mean when I talk about Exchange Server Downtime. The period of time that a machine is not in operation or cannot be used. Hardware/software failure, malware assaults, and viruses are just a few of the causes of Exchange Server outages that can happen at any time. Because of this, customers need to have an OST file backup so that, in the event of a disaster or other outage, they can quickly restore their Exchange Server mailboxes.
Exchange Server Upkeep: The human body is one item that needs upkeep. You may already be aware that the Exchange server should be placed in maintenance mode on a regular basis to prevent downtime and ensure optimal performance. However, users prefer to import OST into Outlook PST so they can access their Exchange mails even when the Exchange Server is in maintenance mode. This is because we are unable to access our Exchange mailboxes when Microsoft Exchange Server is in maintenance mode.
Move information across systems: It is getting more and more frequent these days to change organizations or systems. Emails stored in an OST file cannot be imported or moved into Outlook. Only by converting OST files into PST format is it possible to transfer them between systems or between Outlook versions.
Explained: How to Import OST Files into Outlook
Seldom do Outlook users (mainly those in the know) realize that there are two kinds of OST files which are created when OST files need to be converted to Outlook. OST files from Exchange are one type, and OST files from orphaned accounts are the second.
Outlook and Exchange Server are connected to these Exchange OST files. These OST files are importable, and there are a variety of ways to accomplish this.
File with Orphaned OST: The OST file will be considered orphaned and you won’t be able to import or access it if you have one but the mailbox associated with it has been deleted or is unreachable.
So let me explain how to access orphaned OST files so you may examine OST files without Outlook before we go on to how to import OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010. The BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool can be downloaded and used for free if you have orphaned OST files and would like to view them. I truly mean it when I say “free.” The manual methods for importing OST files into Outlook will now be discussed. Importing/exporting Exchange OSTs to PST files and manually archiving OST files are the two options. Locating your OST files is necessary first. Based on your Windows operating system, the position of changes.
According to the versions of Outlook you have, find the OST files:
To find your OST files, use one of two methods. To change your account settings, select the Account Setting option in Outlook and click it twice. Next, select the Open File Location option under the Data Files menu. This will take you to the location of the OST file.
On Windows 10: drive:\Users\\Local\AppData\Look at Microsoft
Driving: \Users\\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook: drive:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Application Data\ previous Windows versionsMicrosoftFuture Plans
After obtaining your Exchange OST files, let us proceed to import them into the Outlook PST file format. Importing an OST file into Outlook PST format Using one’s hands
Take the following steps:
- Start Outlook, then click the File menu.
- Select Options from the left pane.
- Then, select Advanced and then Auto Archive Settings.
- You must configure the day count in order to do auto-archive.
- You can also set a count for deleting prior emails.
- After that, click OK, and Outlook will begin generating an OST email archive at the specified time.
- Import/Export can be used to import an OST file into an Outlook PST.
- Launch Outlook, then pick the File menu, then Open & Export, then Import/Export.
- Then, in the resulting window, select Export to a file.
- Then, choose Outlook data file (.pst) and press the Next button.
- It is now possible to select the Outlook profile or folder to import into a PST file.
- Finally, after browsing to the folder where the converted Exchange OST file is kept, click Finish.
Although both manual methods are straightforward to use, they have limitations that prevent people from employing them.
Why should you use the BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool?
1. Import both types of OST files: In the software code, we have created a clever algorithm to effectively import OST files, even orphaned OST files, into Outlook. Large and many OST files can be added to the software without restriction.
2. Recover and preview corrupted OST files: Because of its efficiency, the tool is a godsend if you need to import and recover corrupted OST files. Furthermore, once the data has been recovered, a preview of the whole OST file is displayed, allowing users to inspect their OST emails before importing them into Outlook PST.
3. Remove unsolicited and duplicate emails: By default, the application operates in duplicity avoidance mode. As a result, BLR Tools application will filter out duplicate emails from your OST files automatically. You can also use the filter option to include or exclude unwanted items based on date range and message class criteria.
4. Monitoring mechanism: Because of the software’s expert coding, users have complete control over the import process.
5. Eliminates the danger of human error and data loss: The BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool automates the import procedure, removing the possibility of both human mistake and data loss. Even unskilled users enjoy using the software because of its automatic features.
6. Import OST to Outlook 2016 and Later Versions: If you have OST files from earlier Outlook versions or want to read the converted OST files in a later Outlook version, this software is what you need. The BLR Tools software works on all Windows operating systems and allows OST files to be imported into all versions of Outlook.
An example of importing OST files into Outlook PST
Install the BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool and then perform the following procedures to demonstrate and assess the aforementioned feature.
- Select the Add OST file option from the ribbon bar to add OST files.
- Choose a location to save the produced PST file.
- You can also provide the size and password for the PST file.
- The filter wizard then appears. Unwanted items can be filtered out, and you can access further settings by selecting Advance.
- Finally, the program will start the import procedure and provide a real-time log report.
- Press the Finish button when you’re done.
The Last Word
I’ve streamlined nearly all of the information required to import OST file into Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013 & 2010 and prior versions. If your OST files are linked to Exchange Server, you can manually import them into Outlook; otherwise, you can utilize BLR Tools OST to PST.
Read some more blogs: