To summarize: OST and PST files are Microsoft Outlook data files that contain email messages, contacts, calendars, journals, notes, tasks, and other mailbox folders. OST file conversion to PST format is necessary, nevertheless, due to frequent server disruptions brought on by virus attacks, spam emails, malicious software, power failures, and other issues.
Thus, we’ll talk about how to quickly export OST to Outlook in this post. OST to PST file conversion is possible with the Import/Export Feature, Auto Archive Settings, and additional methods. In addition to manually converting OST to PST, users may also utilize the OST to PST Converter Tool to convert several OST files to Outlook PST format at once.
An overview of the file formats for Export OST to Outlook
Offline storage tables and offline Outlook data files, which are used to keep a copy of the server-side mailbox data, are referred to as “OST files”. Users can still operate in the absence of server connectivity thanks to it.
You can quickly edit, compose, attach attachments, save, and delete emails as well as other mailbox contents as a user. When you connect to the Exchange Server again, these modifications will be implemented.
The most widely used Outlook data format among those made or compatible with Microsoft Outlook is PST, or personal storage table. Other formats include EML, MSG, OST, PDF, and so on.
It replicates all mailbox items from the Outlook account set up via POP to the user’s local drive, including emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, journals, and more.
Using the Export to File option in the Import/Export Feature makes creating the PST file easy. Your PST file can also be password-protected, in which case each time it is opened, a new password will be needed.
What separates OST files with PST files?
When you compare OST and PST files side by side, you’ll see why it’s so important to convert OST to PST.
PST files are only manageable in Microsoft Outlook when you have an internet connection; OST files, on the other hand, automatically synchronize the changes with the email server as long as you have one.
OST files can only be used with Microsoft Exchange Server, but PST files can be used with other services like Microsoft Outlook and the Microsoft Exchange client.
Outlook 2013 IMAP and MAPI accounts use the PST file; however, after Microsoft Outlook 2016, the client stores all emails and appointments from IMAP and MAPI accounts in an offline storage table (.ost) file.
If there is any little corruption or inaccessibility with the OST, use the ScanOST.exe program. However, in the case that a PST file is corrupted or destroyed, users can fix any Outlook PST file issues using the ScanPST.exe tool included in the Office 365 environment.
Why is it important to export OST to Outlook ?
There are various reasons why OST files must be converted to PST format. Below, we’ll discuss a few of the common causes:
Import OST data: When transferring mailbox data across computers, users may find it difficult to accomplish so if they are utilizing an OST file.
Lower the Chance of Data Loss: It’s possible that your Exchange OST file has become large, corrupted, or damaged. Consequently, you can circumvent the mailbox size issue by converting OST to PST.
Exchange Data Accidentally Deleted: Suppose that your Exchange Server experiences an issue or that for some other reason, your Exchange data is inadvertently deleted. Therefore, converting the OST files to PST files beforehand would have been your best bet.
Get the Information Online: Click this link to examine or manage the size of your offline-stored Outlook PST files.
Switching Email Clients: The OST file must be converted to PST since it is incompatible with all email clients other than Outlook and Exchange in order to move the contents of an old mailbox to another email client.
Converting OST files to PST: Format has various reasons for doing so. Now let’s look at the several methods for exporting OST files to PST files.
The Greatest Free Methods for Microsoft Outlook OST to PST Conversion
Here are the top three methods I’ve found for converting an OST file to a PST file format. Before starting the procedure, though, confirm that you have used the Outlook account sync with the Exchange profile and have the necessary login credentials. It is also suggested that you store the backup of your mailbox data in a safe place because manual approaches are never totally secure.
The first way is to export OST to Outlook. OST mailbox folders can be converted to PST file format by using the Outlook email client’s Auto Archive Setting feature, which provides archiving data options. It is capable of converting every item in the OST mailbox to PST format. This functionality allows you to move other mailbox items but not contacts.
Method 1: Make certain that the following stages are followed correctly
- Simply launch Outlook and select the File menu option.
- Select the Options option. Then, in the Outlook Options wizard, navigate to the Advanced tab.
- Here, you must click the Auto Archive Settings button.
- On your screen, an Auto Archive window will open; click the appropriate one:
- After selecting your choices, click the “Ok” button.
- Your OST file components will then be archived in a PST file with the appropriate archiving settings.
Method 2: OST to PST conversion How to Make Use of the Import/Export Option
Follow the instructions below to export OST files to PST format and check that you must use your:
- Outlook login credentials in conjunction with your Exchange account.
- Navigate to the File menu in Outlook.
- After selecting the Open & Export area, click on the Import & Export feature.
- While logged in as administrator, select Browse.
- Select the file to be converted.
- After that, open the OST file and look at the email with attachments.
- Examine the folder from the tree structure. Then, click.
- From the selection option that displays, select the PST saving formats.
- Select among the software features that have already been installed.
- Choose a location for saving by clicking the path to save option.
- At the bottom, press the convert button to initiate the conversion.
Method 3 :The conversion procedure is complete, and the selected path is preserved.
- Exchange OST files can be converted to Outlook PST format using professional software.
- Export one or more OST files to PST format at the same time.
- Prior to the OST to PST conversion method, an OST file data preview is displayed.
- Convert OST files to PST, EML, MSG, CSV, and MBOX file formats.
- Outlook.com, Gmail, Live Exchange, Office 365, and IMAP can all import OST files.
- Remove duplicate emails from the OST folders you’ve selected.
- The option to backup or relocate emails without attachments.
- The PST files that result can also be separated into different sizes.
Allow PST files from many Outlook versions, such as 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, and so on.
The interface will be simple to use for both technical and non-technical users.
The program is compatible with all versions of Windows, including Windows 11, 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, and XP.
Although I’ve already discussed various free ways to export OST to Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and other versions, it’s likely that these manual methods will fall short of your requirements. In this case, you should use the OST to PST Converter Tool to help you convert OST files to PST format. I hope this tutorial has answered your question about converting OST files to PST files.
Read some more blogs: