In this post, we will look at three effective ways to export OST to PST File without Outlook. Simply read the entire text and follow the guidelines. Exported PST files can be accessed with any version of Microsoft Outlook. Experts recommend using a third-party program to export OST files to PST format.
What Causes Export OST to PST File without Outlook Format?
When you create an IMAP profile (email ID) in Outlook, the IMAP Server (Exchange Server) automatically generates an OST file, also known as an Offline Storage Table. Users can view Microsoft Exchange server mailbox replicas (OST files) even when they are not connected. After creating an account with an IMAP configuration, the user may see that the application acts as a web server and stores synchronizing data in a (.ost) file.
However, there are several scenarios in which these files become unreadable. To manage the case, the user must first export OST to PST file without Outlook. in order for data to be easily accessed while offline. In the part below, I will discuss three free ways to export BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool.
Viruses, malicious malware, and power outages can all disrupt email transmission on an Exchange server. Email migration refers to the process of transferring mail clients or servers for any reason.
The following Exchange IMAP OST can be exported to PST:
Exchange Database Free Space: Storage space must be handled by the Exchange administrator. The simplest way for removing data from the server and creating an OST file backup in PST format.
An employee left the company: When an employee quits the organization, the Exchange Administrator must create a backup of his mailbox and remove it from the server.
File Opened orphaned OST: Even in Outlook, Microsoft does not provide a way to open or relink orphaned OST files. In this case, open the OST file in Microsoft Outlook after exporting it to PST format.
Techniques for OST to PST Converter Tool
We now know when an OST file should be changed to PST format. Having said that, we’ll go over many techniques to export OST to PST file without Outlook in the following section.
BLR Tools OST to PST converter tool. Conversion Outlook: Manage Orphaned OST Conversion to PST Free Professional Advice for Converting OST Files to PST
All options have advantages and disadvantages. I recommend that consumers use third-party tools for dealing with corrupted, orphaned, inaccessible, or unavailable email accounts, Exchange outages, and other issues. However, if Outlook lets you examine your IMAP profile. Next, use Outlook’s Import/Export function by following the same steps as the first way.
Method 1: Import OST to PST file without Outlook
To convert OST to PST for free, your computer must have Outlook installed and connected to the Microsoft Exchange server. The steps for the ensuing procedure are as follows:
- Open Microsoft Outlook first. Then click “File” and select “Import/Export.”
- A new dialogue box displays, prompting you to select “An action to perform”. Go ahead and select “Export to File.”
- After you’ve chosen “Outlook data file (.pst)” as your file type, hit the “Next” button.
- Select the folder from which to export data and then click “Next.”
- Choose an item from the “Allow duplicates to be created” list and then click “Finish.”
Following that, a new pop-up window will open, prompting you for an optional password. It’s simple to move forward without going inside. Now, manually export OST to PST file without Outlook. You can access your PST-formatted OST files in the selected location.
Method 2: Convert OST files to PST for free using an Outlook IMAP account.
Most free solutions have limitations when it comes to exporting orphaned OST files to PST format. However, I will explain a thoroughly researched and tested technique in this manner.
Important Points: This approach is somewhat difficult and requires some technical understanding. Thus, if you are not tech aware, I recommend that you do not follow this.
Note : If you can access the same profile and your IMAP profile is configured in Outlook.
Then follow the steps specified
Step 1: Launch Outlook and use one of the following methods to obtain the storage path.
Follow the course indicated. (C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook) Keep in mind that the path may differ based on the Windows OS and Outlook version.
Alternatively, you may export OST to PST file without Outlook dashboard by right-clicking your profile and selecting “Open File Location.”
- Turn off the Automatic Send/Receive feature in your IMAP profile. We will continue to use this profile for converting OST files to PST files.
- Terminate all Outlook instances.
- Return to the Outlook storage location you previously chose. Simply copy and paste the referenced Outlook profile OST file (support abc.ost) in the same location as ABC-copy.ost. You already have two OST files from the same profile. Make a backup copy of the same mailbox and remove the primary OST file, abc.ost.
- Copy the orphaned OST file (say, xyz.ost) that has to be converted and place it in the same directory as the saved copy of abc.ost.
- Rename your orphaned OST file to the new name (e.g., xyz.ost to abc.ost).
- Open Outlook and select the same profile (abc.ost) from the previous example.
- Use Outlook’s built-in import/export capabilities, as explained in Method 1. It will convert an orphaned OST file into a readable and healthy PST file.
- Repeat these steps for each additional OST file. Following the completion of the OST to PST conversion. Turn off all Outlook instances, delete all OST files except for abc-copy.ost, rename it to abc.ost, enable automatic send and receive, and use your current profile without difficulty.
- All you need to do is convert any OST file, even an orphaned one, to PST for free.
Step 2: Convert OST to PST Utilizing software
To overcome the restrictions, it is recommended that we use an automated tool to convert OST to PST without Outlook. Offline OST to PST converter is one of the best third-party programs for making this procedure easier and more efficient.
- This software allows you to export mailboxes from OST files to PST files.
- Additionally, it allows us to backup, restore, and retrieve every item from offline OST files.
- Converting IMAP.ost to.pst is also made easier, with no file size constraints.
- Before conversion, it provides a preview of data like as calendars, contacts, emails, and other mailbox items.
Limitations of Manual Approach: The manual method for export OST to PST file without Outlook that we have mentioned above has a few drawbacks, which are noted below:
- The machine requires Outlook Account configuration.
- The MS Exchange Server and the system must be connected.
- The procedure is more time-consuming than manual procedures.
- The possibility of corrupted or lost data.
- To complete the steps, a technical professional is required.
This tool also allows you to save OST files in other file formats as PST, HTML, MSG, EML, MBOX, EMLX, NSF, PDF, vCard, CSV, ICS, TXT, MHT, DOCX, DOC, and RTF. There is also a free demo version, albeit it only exports the top 25 items each folder. If the user is satisfied, they can buy a cheap licensed version.
Although manual approaches are free, they have certain limitations. If your computer is configured with Microsoft Outlook and Exchange Server, you can manually convert OST files to PST format for free. Furthermore, these methods often take longer. There are two free and more easy ways to export OST to PST file without Outlook : using third-party software. However, you are free to select any of the three solutions.
Read some more blogs: